Sunday, March 20, 2011

Etsy 'Bout Time

Wow, I can't believe how many decisions had to be made to open an Etsy store. I had a bunch of yarn spun up and spent quite a bit of time measuring, reskeining, weighing, naming, pricing and labeling. Whew, that was a lot to do! I'm ready now, right?

Yeah, keep thinkin' that. Oh, innocent optimism.

I... Had... No... I-dea

Once I got into the store set up there so many dang things! How fast am I going to commit to running to the post office? How am I going to do shipping? Where am I going to get boxes? Do I offer international shipping? What is my return policy? Oh Look. I need a Texas tax number. . . send off for one of those.

I'm really not sure how many weekends have been "the weekend" the first item goes up on the Etsy store. Yup, this weekend I'm gonna get a couple of yarns online. More than one friend has told me that I was stalling. Just Do it.

Just now noticed that I have a crappy profile. Pretty much nuthin in there. Ugh. That IS important but I am really tired. The store policies are written. They can be changed if I think of something new. The shipping is FINALLY figured out!

Then I found a way to put the store items on this page! Wow! Check out the bottom of the right column there. I gotta stop... shutting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment