Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scary Knitting!

I have to admit that there is a bit of knitting that I really really need to get on but I am kinda scared of it.

My dear daughter Jessica and her family went on a European vacation last summer. They took time out of their day (more than once) to locate and visit a LYS (local yarn shop) !!!! Just for ME! European yarn! How exciting is that!

Jessica apparently spent quite a bit of time with the store owners. They chose a sweater pattern at each store and then purchased enough yarn from each store to complete these wonderful sweater patterns. Isn't that the sweetest thing a non knitting daughter and son-in-law ever did for their Mom/Mother-in-Law ?? I think so too!

I put it all in a basket to keep it together.


Nice isn't it? There is even two skeins of Regia sock yarn in there. Check out one of the sweater patterns. It is beautiful. Jessica has wonderful taste.


The yarn is really good quality too. Nice soft merino in beautiful rich colors. I love the labels. I can almost read them!


Here we are entering the spring season. I've had this since last summer. That is dangerously close to a year.... poor yarn.... sitting in the basket so long. I'm so afraid to dive into these projects though! I need to make the sweaters that Jessica chose for me. Oh my.. Oh my... what the heck am I going to do. I can't read these patterns. Take a look.


I don't speak or read either of these languages! Egads! Patterns in German and Spanish? I can sigh in French though.  Le Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment