Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It Is My Stash !!!!!

If you are familiar with the website known as Ravelry skip this paragraph. Ravelry is an online fiber artist community that I have become addicted to. In addition to the forums where you can make yarn friends or ask questions, it has a nifty feature in each users profile where you can keep track of the yarn/fiber that you currently have hoarded   stashed around your home. You can upload pictures and descriptions and it has come in handy when I have been out at a store... wondering if I still have that hot pink eyelash yarn at home because I see a pattern or complimentary yarn that would go well with it. I can look it up on my phone! Look at that i have three skeins of it! Perfect.  Here is a screenshot of my ravelry stash page.




Lately, like twice in the last couple of weeks, I have logged onto Ravelry to find a message waiting for me. Yippee! Someone wants to talk to meeeeeeeee?????? When I go read the message I am a little confused.  First of all it is from a person that I do not know. . that isn't alarming really. It is a site to meet and get to know other artists, after all.  Here is where it begins to get weird.

This person whom I do not know is saying something like  "I'll take that blue chenille". Uh, ok???
 It takes me a few minutes to remember that I do indeed have some old Lions Brand blue chenille in the stash. Then I look at their next email. They sometimes have sent several because I wasn't writing them back. Hey, I sometimes don't log on for a week or so..... real life takes over. The second and third emails from them get more and more frustrated.

"I've written to you for 4 days! I want to buy the chenille!"

About this time I begin to wonder out loud to myself. Am I the one misunderstanding what the "stash" feature is for on this site? I thought the stash gallery was to document MY STASH!!! I may want to trade or destash some of it, but until then can't I just keep track of it? Did I accidentally open a store here? I am really not sure anymore.

I am going to go read the Ravelry FAQs to make sure I am not using the site incorrectly. I DO want to sell some of my handspun online. I just haven't opened a store yet. .  . or at least I didn't THINK I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment